Vision StatementTo promote RESPECT as a way to manage conflict and prevent criminal behavior.
What We DoThe Circle of Respect is the National Crime Prevention Council’s (NCPC) latest and most comprehensive campaign to protect youth from bullying and cyberbullying. Launching in October, the campaign seeks to change the commonly held belief that bullying is a rite of passage, and teaches instead that such behavior is unacceptable through a positive, pro-social message that encourages respect and consideration for others. To succeed in its mission, the Circle of Respect will feature an education campaign, outreach materials including publications and public service advertising, and partnership efforts to reach a national audience.
More About NCPC
The National Crime Prevention Council’s mission is to be the nation's leader in helping people keep themselves, their families, and their communities safe from crime. To achieve this, NCPC produces tools that communities can use to learn crime prevention strategies, engage community members, and coordinate with local agencies, including
- Publications and teaching materials on a variety of topics
- Programs that can be implemented in communities and schools
- Local, regional, and national trainings
- Public service announcements broadcast nationwide starring McGruff the Crime Dog
- Support for a national coalition of crime prevention practitioners