Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sue Scheff: Conversations with Moms - Glowing Review of Google Bomb Book


Recently I was interviewed by Maria Melo, Conversatons with Moms, about my latest book, Google Bomb. She wrote an outstanding review, which I am very excited about. Maria decided Google Bomb deserved a two part series, as many know now, learning to protect yourself and your family online has become a priority as the Internet expands and the regulations don’t.

Here is a section of Part 1, and please take the time to read my interview with Maria in Part 2.
Google Bomb Review – The Untold Story of the $11.3M Verdict

When I first started being active on the internet, I was very naive to the Internet World. I’ve learned a lot in the past year and thought that I truly understood the power of the internet. Until I read, “Google™ Bomb”.

Lets just say that I now feel as though I lived in a cave. I was totally unaware of the true power and damage that the internet can do. I don’t know where I was in 2006 to not have heard of the landmark internet case that won Sue Scheff $11.3 million for defamation of character. The only thing I can think of is that I wasn’t active online and didn’t really pay attention to what happened in the internet world.

When I was asked to review this book, I was curious as to find out what could have happened to Sue to make her have won such a large lawsuit. I had never heard of the term Google™ Bomb and thought it would be an informative read. I HAD NO IDEA JUST HOW MUCH I WOULD LEARN.

I was happy to provide this review if only to spread the word of how vicious the internet could be and in hopes of getting the word out that there are simple things you can do to protect yourself.

READ THE ENTIRE REVIEW AND INTERVIEW HERE.

No comments: