It's time to talk about this topic, although many parents and youth think that it can never happen to them.
Talking about it and raising awareness are the first steps to ending it.
3 in 4 parents have never talked to their children about domestic violence.
What are some of the warning signs of a potential abusive relationship?
It can be difficult to tell the difference between a healthy, unhealthy and abusive relationship. While there are many warning signs of abuse, here are ten of the most common to look for:
- Checking your cell phone or email without permission.
- Constant put-downs.
- Extreme jealousy or insecurity.
- Explosive temper.
- Isolating you from family or friends.
- Making false accusations.
- Mood swings.
- Physically hurting you in any way.
- Telling you what to do.