Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sue Scheff: MAGGIE The Dog Who Changed My Life, by Dawn Kairns


MAGGIE - the dog who changed my life... by Dawn Kairns


A Story of Love

Once in every dog lover's life, if you're lucky, that special once-in-a-lifetime dog comes along. You know this relationship is golden, a gift from the spirit world. You have found a soul mate. Animal and human spirits are inextricably intertwined, and you know there will never be another dog that comes close to the presence of this one and the bond that you share. For me, Maggie is that dog.

You know it when it happens. You think a thought and your dog responds. She knows what you're asking of her, even though you never trained her to do it. You recognize that your communication is beyond words, beyond training. How do you explain it? You peer into her eyes and know you are looking into the depths of a loving, advanced soul. You may wonder, as I did, who are you in there?

When Maggie and I are out hiking, running errands, or just hanging out being "girlfriends," I meet several people who have loved and lost such powerful relationships with their canine companions. They recognize that magic between Maggie and me, for once you experience it with your dog, you can't miss it when it appears before you. I see the longing in their eyes, the painful missing, and the ache of irreplaceable loss.

Read more at http://www.dawnkairns.com/ and order on Amazon today.

No comments: