Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sue Scheff: Parent Summer Reading



A Parents' Guide to the Middle School Years

By Joe Bruzzese, MA

After finishing this terrific book, it will now be passed to my sister. Why? My niece will be entering Middle School and I think this book is priceless for every parent that has a child making that big and challenging step into Middle School.

The author, Joe Bruzzese, reminds me of the difficult times my kids went through, and I wish I had a book like this back then. Today's parents may have more challenges (or different from generations ago), however they also are fortunate to have more resources such as books like this one.

From dealing with your child's initial day of a new school and schedule, to how to help organize your child's studies (even discussing productive and effective ways to purchase your school supplies) from that dreadful fear of P.E. and changing in the locker room for the first time. This guide will also help a parent find a sound balance between academics and the importance of balancing school activities.

I could go on and on, if you do have a child entering Middle School, this is a great summer reading for you! As a bonus to this book, Joe Bruzzese offers several pages of valuable resources dedicated to giving parents more information on parenting today.

Click on the Amazon link on the side bar and order today!

No comments: